Saturday, March 29, 2014

Welcome

I am creating this blog to share all I have researched on William Bent in the hope of learning more!
I'm new to this blogging business, so it may take a little while. Please be patient and check regularly.
If you have an interest in William Bent or his pocket watches, I will be pleased to receive comments from you.
Future pages include...
Catalogue - listing of known William Bent pocket watches and movements.
History - The Life of William Bent, Watchmaker.
Examination of rarities and oddities.
Photos from around the world.
And more...

2 comments:

  1. Fascinated by your blog about my 3 x Gt Grandfather William Bent. Seemingly my 2 x Gt Grandfather Daniel James Bent must have fallen out with his father around 1880.He had previously been recorded in the census as Watch Dial Painter (probably a highly skilled craft) by afterthat was recorded as a Carriers Porter. Did he work fir his father? Did they fall out? (Daniel married around that time). Did Daniel's eyesight worsen? My Grandmother (maiden name Bent) always wondered if the old man Bent was related to her. If you are still activel following William,and interested in subsequent events, you can find me on Facebook as Christopher Flack, now living in Yateley. All the best, Chrisd Flack

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS sorry about the typos - all can be credited jountly to my pbone and to my inept typing!

    ReplyDelete